Welcome to Example Dance Academy
Founded in 2019, Example may be a new venture but it's concept has developed from a lifelong dream of mine - to finally own and run my own dance school and to simply allow people to love dance as much as I do.
Qualifying in 2001, I have been fortunate enough to enjoy an amazing career working alongside and being mentored by some of the biggest names in the dance industry as well as competing, teaching and performing all over the world.
My mission has always been and still remains simple - to be the best teacher I can be whilst making sure my pupils shine, gain new skills and most importantly have fun!
Example Dance Academy Owner & Principal
Driven By Example
As an Associate and Licentiate instructor for both the UKA and IDTA my background has been nothing if not varied, providing me with a lifetime of experiences I am thrilled to bring to the dance floor.
My Current Qualifications
15 years qualified in:
* UKA Associate Freestyle (inclusive of Hip Hop/Street & Slow Dance).
* UKA Associate Salsa (inclusive of Mambo & Merengue).
* Licentiate IDTA and UKA Latin American (Paso Doble, Jive, Samba, Cha Cha Cha & Rumba).
* Basics Junior Theatre School (1993-1999) - I was fortunate enough to be a principal dancer and hold a number of lead roles; performing alongside the likes of Peter Kay and Bonnie Langford to name just a few.
* UKA Award in Club Dance (2005) - I hold a Distinction at this title.
* Manager/Head Teacher/Consultant for a celebrity endorsed studio in Chelsea, London.
* Pro-Am Competitor & Finalist at both Killick Klassick - Boca Raton & World Dance Championships - Paris (2011-2015).
* Dance Your Blues Away Winner (2017).
* Spirit Of Youth Does Strictly Finalist (2018).
Whilst my love of dance is driven from the Ballroom and Latin American world, my heart will always be with musical theatre and I am proud to be able to teach these other styles as endorsed by existing qualifications with both the
UKA & IDTA.
* I am fully DBS checked.
* I hold a current Advanced First Aid qualification, inclusive of defibrillator training.
* I hold teacher and public liability insurance through the UKA.
* Any venue I teach in will have full risk assessment and fire assessment compliances.
If you would like any further information about my qualifications/experience please do not hesitate to ask.